January 1, 2020
These Terms of Service (the “Terms of Service”) govern the use of the mobile and internet-based services, business tools offered by Scizzrs, LLC. (the “Company,” “Scizzrs,” “we” or “us”) at and through the website Scizzrs.com (the “Website”) and through mobile applications (such services, applications and the Website are collectively referred to as the “Services”).
PLEASE READ THESE TERMS OF SERVICE CAREFULLY.
THIS IS A LEGAL AGREEMENT BETWEEN SCIZZRS AND YOU WHICH GOVERNS YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES. YOU’RE USE OF THE SERVICES CONSTITUTES YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF AND AGREEMENT TO ALL OF THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS IN THESE TERMS OF SERVICE AND YOUR REPRESENTATION THAT YOU ARE 18 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER. IF YOU OBJECT TO ANYTHING IN THESE TERMS OF SERVICE, YOU ARE NOT PERMITTED TO USE THE SERVICES.
If you are accepting these Terms of Service and using the Services on behalf of a company, organization, government, or other legal entity, you represent and warrant to Scizzrs that you have full power and authority to do so.
The Services are protected by copyright laws and international copyright treaties, as well as other intellectual property laws and treaties. Unauthorized reproduction or distribution of the Services, or any portion of them, may result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law. The Services are licensed, not sold.
The Scizzrs Services
Scizzrs is a platform that connects salons, merchants, stylists and professionals (collectively or individually, “Professionals”) providing hairylist services (“Styling Services”) with clients seeking such services (“Clients” or “you”). The Professionals and Clients are both users of the Services provided by Scizzrs and are hereinafter referred to collectively as “Users.”
Scizzrs solely provides a platform for Professionals and Clients to connect and serves only as a medium to facilitate the provision of Styling Services. Scizzrs does not provide or contract for Styling Services, and Professionals and Clients contract independently for the provision of Styling Services. Each Client is solely responsible for selecting the Professional, the Styling Services to be provided and the location at which Styling Services will be performed, whether on the premises of a Professional or at a site designated by the Client. Any decision by a Client to receive Styling Services or by a Professional to provide Styling Services is a decision made in such person’s sole discretion and at their own risk. All Users understand and acknowledge that (i) the Company does not conduct background checks on Clients and (ii) any provision of Services in a private location inherently increases the risks involved for both Clients and Professionals.
- Information you provide
This may include:
- User profile:We collect information when you create or update your Scizzrs account. This may include your name, email, phone number, login name and password, address, payment or banking information (including related payment verification information), government identification numbers such as Social Security number, driver’s license or passport if required by law, birth date, photo and signature.
- Background check information:We may collect background check information if you sign up to use Scizzrs services as a User or service provider. This may include information such as your driver’s license for criminal record (where permitted by law). This information may be collected by Scizzrs or a vendor on Scizzr’s behalf.
- Demographic data:We may collect demographic information about you, including through user surveys. In some countries, we may also receive demographic information about you from third parties.
- User content:We may collect information that you submit when you contact Scizzrs customer support, provide ratings or compliments for other users, or otherwise contact Scizzrs
- Information created when you use our services
This may include:
- Location Information
Depending on the Scizzrs services that you use, and your app settings or device permissions, we may collect your precise or approximate location information as determined through data such as GPS, IP address and WiFi.
- If you are a user or Service provider, Scizzrs collects location information when the Scizzrs app is running in the foreground (app open and on-screen) or background (app open but not on screen) of your device.
- If you are a user and have provided permission for the processing of location data, Scizzrs collects location information when the Scizzrs app is running in the foreground. In certain regions, Scizzrs also collects this information when the Scizzrs app is running in the background of your device if this collection is enabled through your app settings or device permissions.
- Users and service providers may use the Scizzrs app without enabling Scizzrs to collect their location information. However, this may affect the functionality available on your Scizzrs app. For example, if you do not enable Scizzrs to collect your location information, you will have to manually enter your pickup address. In addition, location information will be collected used by the service provider and also linked to your account, even if you have not enabled Scizzrs to collect your location information.
- Transaction Information
We collect transaction details related to your use of our services, including the type of services you requested or provided, your service information, date and time the service was provided, amount charged, distance traveled, and payment method. Additionally, if someone uses your promotion code, we may associate your name with that person.
- Usage information
We collect information about how you interact with our services. This includes information such as access dates and times, app features or pages viewed, app crashes and other system activity, type of browser, and third-party sites or service you were using before interacting with our services. In some cases, we collect this information through cookies, pixel tags, and similar technologies that create and maintain unique identifiers.
We may collect information about the devices you use to access our services, including the hardware models, device IP address, operating systems and versions, software, file names and versions, preferred languages, unique device identifiers, advertising identifiers, serial numbers, device motion information, and mobile network information.
- Communications data
We enable users to communicate with each other and Scizzrs through the Scizzrs apps, websites, and other services. For example, we enable users and service providers with in app call or text with each other (in some countries, without disclosing their telephone numbers to each other). To provide this service, Scizzrs receives some information regarding the calls or texts, including the date and time of the call/text, and the content of the communications. Scizzrs may also use this information for customer support services (including to resolve disputes between users), for safety and security purposes, to improve our products and services and for analytics.
- Information from other sources
These may include:
- User feedback, such as as ratings or compliments.
- Users providing your information in connection with referral programs.
- Users requesting services for or on your behalf.
- Users or others providing information in connection with claims or disputes.
- Scizzrs business partners through which you create or access your Scizzrs account, such as payment providers, social media services, on-demand music services, or apps or websites who use Scizzrs APIs or whose API Scizzrs uses (such as when you reserve a haircut).
- Publicly available sources.
- Marketing service providers.
Scizzrs may combine the information collected from these sources with other information in its possession.
Scizzrs uses the information it collects for purposes including:
- Providing services and features
Scizzrs uses the information we collect to provide, personalize, maintain and improve our products and services. This includes using the information to:
- Create and update your account.
- Verify your identity.
- Process or facilitate payments for those services.
- To track the progress of your service
- Enable features that allow you to share information with other people, such as when you submit a compliment about a service provider, refer a friend to Scizzrs, or share your ETA.
- Enable features to personalize your Scizzrs account, such as creating bookmarks for your favorite hairstyles, and to enable quick access to previous service providers.
- Enable Accessibility features that make it easier for users with disabilities to use our services, such as those which enable deaf or hard-of-hearing users or service providers to alert their users of their disabilities, allow only text messages from users, and to receive flashing servicerequest notifications instead of sound notifications.
- Perform internal operations necessary to provide our services, including to troubleshoot software bugs and operational problems, to conduct data analysis, testing, and research, and to monitor and analyze usage and activity trends.
- Safety and security
We use your data to help maintain the safety, security and integrity of our services and users. This includes, for example:
- Screening users and service providers prior to enabling their use of our services and at subsequent intervals, including through reviews of background checks where permitted by law, to prevent use of our services by unsafe clients.
- Our Real-Time ID Check feature, which prompts service providers to share a selfie before going online. This helps ensure that the user using the app matches the Scizzrs account we have on file, preventing fraud and helping to protect other users.
- Using device, location, profile, usage and other information to prevent, detect, and combat fraud or unsafe activities. This includes processing of such information, in certain countries, to identify practices or patterns that indicate fraud or risk of safety incidents. This may also include information from third parties. In certain cases such incidents may lead to deactivation by means of an automated decision making process. Users in the EU have have the right to object to this type of processing.
- Using user ratings to encourage improvement by affected users, and as grounds for deactivating users with ratings below a certain minimum as may be required in their region. Calculation and deactivation may be done through an automated decision making process. Users in the EU have have the right to object to this type of processing
- Customer support
Scizzrs uses the information we collect (including recordings of customer support calls after notice to you and with your consent) to assist you when you contact our customer support services, including to:
- Direct your questions to the appropriate customer support person
- Investigate and address your concerns
- Monitor and improve our customer support responses
- Research and development
We may use the information we collect for testing, research, analysis and product development. This allows us to improve and enhance the safety and security of our services, develop new features and products, and facilitate insurance and finance solutions in connection with our services.
- Communications among users
Scizzrs uses the information we collect to enable communications between our users. For example, a user may text or call a service provider to confirm a service location etc.
Communications from Scizzrs
Scizzrs may use the information we collect to communicate with you about products, services, promotions, studies, surveys, news, updates and events.
Scizzrs may also use the information to promote and process contests and sweepstakes, fulfill any related awards, and serve you relevant ads and content about our services and those of our business partners. You may receive some of these communications based on your profile as a Scizzrs user. Users in the EU have the right to object to this type of processing
Scizzrs may also use the information to inform you about elections, ballots, referenda and other political and policy processes that relate to our services.
- Legal proceedings and requirements
We may use the information we collect to investigate or address claims or disputes relating to your use of Scizzrs services, or as otherwise allowed by applicable law, or as requested by regulators, government entities, and official inquiries.
- Authenticating users
- Remembering user preferences and settings
- Determining the popularity of content
- Delivering and measuring the effectiveness of advertising campaigns
- Analyzing site traffic and trends, and generally understanding the online behaviors and interests of people who interact with our services
Scizzrs may share the information we collect:
- With other users
- For example, if you are a user, we may share your first name, average user rating. If you share an Scizzrs Group cut (applies to other future pair or group cuts) other users, that user may be told your name and may see your service time and location.
- If you are a user or service provider, we may share information with your user(s) including name and photo; location; average rating provided by users; total number of services; for how long you have been using the Scizzrs app; and contact information (depending upon applicable laws). If you choose to complete a user profile, we may also share any information associated with that profile, including information that you submit and compliments that past users have submitted about you. The user will also receive a receipt containing information such as a breakdown of amounts charged, your first name, photo
At your request
This includes sharing your information with:
- Other people at your request.For example, we may share your ETA and location with a friend at your request, or your serviceinformation when you split a fare with a friend.
- Scizzrs business partners.For example, if you requested a service through a partnership or promotional offering made by a third party, Scizzrs may share your information with those third parties. This may include, for example, other apps or websites that integrate with our APIs, vehicle suppliers, or services, or those with an API or service with which we integrate, or business partners with whom Scizzrs may partner with to deliver a promotion, a contest or a specialized service.
- With the general public when you submit content to a public forum
We love hearing from our users — including through public forums such as Scizzrs blogs, social media, and certain features on our network. When you communicate with us through those channels, your communications may be viewable by the public.
- With the owner of Scizzrs accounts that you may use
If you use a profile associated with another party we may share your service information with the owner of that profile. This occurs, for example, if you are:
- A user using your employer’s Scizzrs for Business profile
- A user who takes a service arranged by a friend or under a Family Profile.
- With Scizzrs subsidiaries and affiliates
We share information with our subsidiaries and affiliates to help us provide our services or conduct data processing on our behalf. For example, Scizzrs processes and stores information in the United States on behalf of its international subsidiaries and affiliates.
- With Scizzrs service providers and business partners
Scizzrs may provide information to its vendors, consultants, marketing partners, research firms, and other service providers or business partners. This may include, for example:
- Payment processors and facilitators.
- Background check providers (users and service providers only).
- Cloud storage providers.
- Marketing partners and marketing platform providers.
- Data analytics providers.
- Research partners, including those performing surveys or research projects in partnership with Scizzrs or on Scizzrs behalf.
- Vendors that assist Scizzrs to enhance the safety and security of its apps.
- Consultants, lawyers, accountants and other professional service providers.
- Fleet partners.
- Insurance and financing partners.
- Restaurant partners.
- Other future Business Partners
- For legal reasons or in the event of a dispute
Scizzrs may share your information if we believe it is required by applicable law, regulation, operating agreement, legal process or governmental request, or where the disclosure is otherwise appropriate due to safety or similar concerns.
This includes sharing your information with law enforcement officials, government authorities, airports (if required by the airport authorities as a condition of operating on airport property), or other third parties as necessary to enforce our Terms of Service, user agreements, or other policies, to protect Scizzrs rights or property or the rights, safety or property of others, or in the event of a claim or dispute relating to your use of our services. If you use another person’s credit card, we may be required by law to share information with that credit card holder, including user and service information.
This also includes sharing your information with others in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, consolidation or restructuring, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by or into another company.
- With your consent
Scizzrs may share your information other than as described in this policy if we notify you and you consent to the sharing.
Information Retention And Deletion
Scizzrs retains user profile and other information for as long as you maintain your Scizzrs account.
Scizzrs retains transaction, location, usage and other information for 7 years in connection with regulatory, tax, insurance or other requirements in the places in which it operates. Scizzrs thereafter deletes or anonymizes such information in accordance with applicable laws.
Users may request deletion of their accounts at any time. Following such request, Scizzrs deletes the information that it is not required to retain, and restricts access to or use of any information it is required to retain.
Scizzrs requires user profile information in order to provide its services, and retains such information for as long you maintain your Scizzrs account.
Scizzrs retains certain information, including transaction, location, device and usage information, for a minimum of 7 years in connection with regulatory, tax, insurance and other requirements in the places in which it operates. Once such information is no longer necessary to provide Scizzrs services, enable customer support, enhance the user experience or other operational purposes, Scizzrs takes steps to prevent access to or use of such information for any purpose other than compliance with these requirements or for purposes of safety, security and fraud prevention and detection.
You may request deletion of your account at any time through the Privacy Settings in the Scizzrs app, or via Scizzrs website.
Following such request, Scizzrs deletes the information that it is not required to retain. In certain circumstances, Scizzrs may be unable to delete your account, such as if there is an outstanding credit on your account or an unresolved claim or dispute. Upon resolution of the issue preventing deletion, Scizzrs will delete your account as described above.
Scizzrs may also retain certain information if necessary for its legitimate business interests, such as fraud prevention and enhancing users’ safety and security. For example, if Scizzrs shuts down a user’s account because of unsafe behavior or security incidents, Scizzrs may retain certain information about that account to prevent that user from opening a new Scizzrs account in the future.
Special Information For EU Users
Beginning May 25, 2018, the processing of personal data of users in the European Union is subject to the EU General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”).
This section summarizes Scizzrs grounds for processing personal information under the GDPR, and the rights of EU users as relates to Scizzrs handling of personal information.
Beginning May 25, 2018, the processing of personal data of users in the European Union is subject to the EU General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”). This section provides information as relates to EU users’ rights, and Scizzrs responsibilities, under this regulation.
- EU User Rights
If you are a Scizzrs user in the EU, you have the following rights with respect to Scizzrs handling of your personal information. To exercise these rights, please see below or submit your request here.
Users outside the EU may also request explanation, correction, deletion or copies of their personal data
- Explanation and copies of your data
- You have the right to request an explanation of the information that Scizzrs has about you and how Scizzrs uses that information.
- You also have the right to receive a copy of the information that Scizzrs collects about you if collected on the basis of consent or because Scizzrs requires the information to provide the services that you request.
- If Scizzrs has information about you that you believe is inaccurate, you have the right to request correction of your information. Please see the section titled “Explanation, Copies and Correction” below for more information on correcting, or requesting correction of, your information.
- Users may request deletion of their accounts at any time. Users may requests deletion through the Privacy Settings menu in the Scizzrs app, or via Scizzrs website (users and service providers). We may retain certain information about you as required by law and for legitimate business purposes permitted by law.
- Please see the “Information Retention & Deletion” section above for more information regarding Scizzrs retention and deletion practices.
- Objections and complaints
- Users in the EU have the right to object to Scizzrs processing of personal data, including for marketing purposes based on profiling and/or automated decision making. Scizzrs may continue to process your information notwithstanding the objection to the extent permitted under GDPR.
- Users in the EU also have the right to file a complaint relating to Scizzrs handling of your personal information with the Autoriteit Persoonsgegevens, the Dutch Data Protection Authority. Their contact information is as follows:
2509 AJ DEN HAAG
(+31) – (0)70 – 888 85 00
- You may also submit questions, comments scizzrs
- Grounds for Processing
The GDPR requires that companies processing the personal data of EU users do so on the basis of specific legal grounds. As described below, Scizzrs processes the information of EU users based on one or more of the grounds specified under the GDPR:
- The processing is necessary to provide the services and features you request
- Scizzrs must collect and use certain information in order to provide its services. This includes:
- User profile information that is necessary to establish and maintain your account, including to verify your identity; enable communications with you about your service, reservations and accounts; and to enable you to make payments or receive earnings.
- Background check Information necessary to enable users to provide safe services through the Scizzrs app.
- User location Information, which is necessary to match service providers with users, and to track services while in-progress and suggest navigation.
- Transaction information, which is necessary to generate and maintain in connection with your use of Scizzrs services.
- Usage information, which is necessary to maintain, optimize and enhance Scizzrs services, including to determine, sometimes in combination with other information, incentives, connect users and service providers, and calculate costs of services and user earnings.
- Collection and use of this information is a requirement for using Scizzrs apps.
- Scizzrs must collect and use certain information in order to provide its services. This includes:
- The processing is necessary to protect the vital interests of our users or of others
- Scizzrs may process personal information, including disclosing data with law enforcement authorities in case of threats to the safety of users or of others.
- The processing is necessary for Scizzrs legitimate interests
- Scizzrs collects and uses personal information to the extent necessary for its legitimate interests. This includes collecting and using information:
- To maintain and enhance our users’ safety and security. For example, we collect background check information (where permitted by law) to prevent unsafe users from providing services through our apps. We also use personal information to prevent use of our services by users who have engaged in inappropriate or dangerous behavior, such as by retaining information of banned users to prevent their use of Scizzrs apps. We also use usage information to prevent matching of users and drivers for whom there is higher risk of conflict (e.g., because they have been the subject of prior complaints from other users).
- To prevent, detect and combat fraud in connection with the use of our services. For example, Scizzrs uses user profile, location, device and usage information, to identify and prevent circumstances when users attempt to defraud Scizzrs or other users.
- To inform law enforcement officials regarding criminal acts or threats to public safety.
- To provide customer support.
- To optimize our service and develop new services. This includes, for example, identifying the best pick-up / drop locations, recommending (new) features, improving navigation, and enhancing pricing and matching users and drivers or delivery recipients and partners.
- For research and analytical purposes. This includes, for example, analyzing usage trends to improve the user experience and enhance the safety and security of our services.
- For direct marketing purposes. This includes, for example, analyzing data to identify trends and tailor marketing messages to user needs.
- To enforce Scizzrs Terms of Service.
- The processing is necessary for the legitimate interests of other persons or parties
- Scizzrs collects and uses personal information to the extent necessary for the interests of other persons or the general public. This includes sharing information in connection with legal or insurance claims, to protect the rights and safety of others.
- Scizzrs may also process personal information when necessary in regards to a substantial public interest, on the basis of applicable laws.
- The processing is necessary to fulfill Scizzrs legal obligations
- Scizzrs is subject to legal requirements in the jurisdictions in which it operates that require us to collect, process, disclose and retain your personal data. For example, Scizzrs is subject to laws and regulations in many cities and countries that require it to collect and retain information about your services, to retain such information for extended periods of time, and to provide copies of such information to governmental or other authorities. Scizzrs uses your information to comply with such laws to the extent they apply to your use of the Scizzrs apps.
- Scizzrs may also share information with law enforcement, or requests by third parties pursuant to legal processes
- Scizzrs may collect and use your information on the basis of your consent. You may revoke your consent at any time. If you revoke your consent, you will not be able to use any service or feature that requires collection or use of the information we collected or used on the basis of consent.
- Scizzrs relies on consent in connection with data collections or uses that are necessary to enhance the user experience, to enable optional services or features, or to communicate with you. If you are an EU user, the following types of data collections or uses are done on the basis of your consent.
- Location Information (Users)
- Share Live Location (Users)
- Notifications: Account and Service Updates
- Notifications: Discounts and News
- Please see the Choice & Transparency section below for further information about these data collections and uses, how to opt in or out of them, and the effect of opting out of these on your use of Scizzrs apps.
- Scizzrs may also collect personal information about you through voluntary surveys. Your responses to such surveys are collected on the basis of consent, and will be deleted once no
- Scizzrs collects and uses personal information to the extent necessary for its legitimate interests. This includes collecting and using information:
Scizzrs provides means for you to see and control the information that Scizzrs collects, including through:
- in-app privacy settings
- device permissions
- in-app ratings pages
- marketing opt-outs
You may also request that Scizzrs provide you with explanation, copies or correction of your data.
- PRIVACY SETTINGS
The Privacy Settings menu in the Scizzrs user app gives users the ability to set or update their location and contacts sharing preferences, and their preferences for receiving mobile notifications from Scizzrs. Information on these settings, how to set or change these settings, and the effect of turning off these settings are described below.
- Location Information
- Scizzrs uses user’s device location services to make it easier to get a safe, reliable service whenever you need one. Location data helps improve our services including navigation, and customer support.
- You may enable/disable, or adjust, Scizzrs collection of user location information at any time through the Privacy Settings menu in the Scizzrs app, or via the settings on your mobile device. If you disable the device location services on your device, your use of the Scizzrs app will be affected. For example, you will need to manually enter your pickup or dropoff locations. In addition, location information will be collected from the user during your service and linked to your account, even if you have not enabled Scizzrs to collect your location information.
- DEVICE PERMISSIONS
Most mobile platforms (iOS, Android, etc.) have defined certain types of device data that apps cannot access without your consent. And these platforms have different permission systems for obtaining your consent. The iOS platform will alert you the first time the Scizzrs app wants permission to access certain types of data and will let you consent (or not consent) to that request. Android devices will notify you of the permissions that the Scizzrs app seeks before you first use the app, and your use of the app constitutes your consent.
- RATINGS LOOK-UP
After every service, Service providers and users are able to rate each other, as well as give feedback on how the service went. This two-way system holds everyone accountable for their behavior. Accountability helps create a respectful, safe environment for both drivers and users.
Your user rating is available in the main menu of the Scizzrs user app.
Your user rating is available in the Ratings tab of the Scizzrspro app.
- EXPLANATIONS, COPIES AND CORRECTION
You may request that Scizzrs:
- Provide a detailed explanation regarding the information Scizzrs has collected about you and how it uses that information.
- Receive a copy of the information Scizzrs has collected about you.
- Request correction of any inaccurate information that Scizzrs has about you.
You can make these requests by contacting Scizzrs
You can also edit the name, phone number and email address associated with your account through the Settings menu in Scizzrs apps. You can also look up your services history in the Scizzrs apps.
- MARKETING OPT-OUTS
You may opt out of receiving promotional emails from Scizzrs. You may also opt out of receiving emails and other messages from Scizzrs by following the instructions in those messages. Please note that if you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional messages, such as receipts for your rides or information about your account
We may occasionally update this policy.
We may occasionally update this policy. If we make significant changes, we will notify you of the changes through the Scizzrs apps or through others means, such as email. To the extent permitted under applicable law, by using our services after such notice, you consent to our updates to this policy.
We encourage you to periodically review this policy for the latest information on our privacy practices. We will also make prior versions of our privacy policies available for review.
Book an appointment
Scizzrs is the fastest, most convenient way to get your personal care services like beauty services, car wash or tele-medicine related. It’s simple, saves you time, and helps you find reputable, experienced Personal Care service providers who will come to you. Saving time and taking control of your financial destiny is only a download and a few clicks away.
Download the app to get started today!